Friday 4 April 2008

Ready....

For Round 1 of the Japaneseusedcars.com European Drift Championship / Time Attack series

Ive invested in some new photographic equipment for this year too...

A Nikon D300 Digital SLR, I bought this in Japan and saved over €700 compared to what the ripoff camera shops here want for it! If you cant get to Japan, theres always ebay! Ill be using this for the majority of my photos this year

And this Canon Ixus 75 digital compact. Cheap but good value and it takes some great photos, and far more discreet than the big Nikon, perfect for snapshots. Sometimes its far easier just to let the camera do all the work, or if you want to take things easy, as it clips onto my belt, and does not need a rucksack to hold everything belonging to it. A lot of my recent photos from Japan were taken with this camera, but for action shots or when you want to do what you want as opposed to what the camera wants, the Nikon is king

1 comment:

Tom Termini said...

Hey Ed, I am a lifelong car guy myself; I split my time between Ireland and the States (wash dc, dublin). I am presently in Tokyo (another interest we share -- Japan)... any suggestions where to check out some Skyline highlights?